WEST BOCA DENTAL CARE
Boca Raton’s Premier Teeth Whitening Service
Are you looking for a teeth whitening expert near you in Boca Raton to help restore your sparkling smile? West Boca Dental Care is a renowned cosmetic dentistry clinic with years of experience offering long-lasting teeth whitening services. Our Boca Raton dental office offers both one-time and routine oral services. We take pride in providing clinically safe teeth whitening procedures that transform your life and smile. We have multiple approaches to tackling teeth discoloration in clients.
What causes teeth discoloration?
Tooth discoloration is a condition where the outermost tooth layer loses its natural white color due to plaque build-up. Discolored teeth may appear dull-white, yellow to brownish depending on the severity of plaque build-up. Tooth discoloration can arise due to many factors.
Below are the most common causes of the condition.
- A high intake of coffee, tea, cola drinks, and wine can lead to teeth yellowing over time. Besides beverages and wine, fruits such as berries and apples can stain teeth.
- Tobacco use through chewing or smoking also leads to dental discoloration in the long term.
- Poor dental hygiene practices such as not brushing or flossing after meals can promote stains-causing substances on the enamel.
- Tooth staining can also occur naturally due to aging. It's normal for the enamel to undergo wear and tear as you grow older.
- Some medications can stain teeth when used for long periods. For example, doxycycline use can lead to teeth staining, especially in young kids.
- Trauma or injury can interfere with enamel formation at a young age, making teeth more susceptible to yellowing and dulling.
- Exposure to excessive quantities of fluoride in drinking water, mouthwashes, and toothpaste can promote teeth discoloration.
Who performs teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a delicate dental procedure that requires the safe hands of a qualified dentist. Enrolling in a dental whitening procedure without the involvement of a certified dentist can put you at risk of oral complications. The ADA (American dental association) offers guidance on the performance of teeth whitening and other oral procedures.
While many at-home teeth whitening products are available at local pharmacies, it helps to confirm that the product is ADA approved before purchasing. What's more, many over-the-counter teeth bleaching agents contain substances that can accelerate enamel loss. Professional tooth whitening procedures performed by a qualified dentist deliver better outcomes than commercial whitening toothpaste.
Boca Raton teeth whitening services
West Boca dental care offers both in-patient and at-home teeth whitening solutions. The whitening procedure at our dental offices takes less than an hour to complete while still delivering a noticeable improvement in teeth coloration.
Our qualified dentists will advise you on the best whitening products for you and develop an appropriate treatment plan that minimizes oral complications.
Patients can choose between bleaching and non-bleach procedures. Most teeth whitening products contain either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
Our teeth whitening procedure
We provide comprehensive dental check-ups to all oral patients before diagnosing and treating any oral complication. The whitening procedure entails the application of whitening gels with peroxide concentrations ranging between 25 to 40%. The peroxide-rich bleaching agent penetrates the enamel and erases the discoloration through an oxidation process.
We also offer alternative treatments such as dental veneers to patients with severe tooth staining. Patients in Boca Raton can opt for stain-resistant veneers to prevent teeth yellowing from smoking. Patients can also opt for laser treatments that involve projecting laser beams at the discolored teeth at fifteen-minute intervals.
Whitening trays are available to all patients. It all starts with a dental examination where the dentist takes impressions of the patient's dental formula. The dentist uses the impression to create personalized whitening trays that fit securely in the patient's mouth.
Our whitening procedures are easy to complete and cause no discomfort during the process. Book your appointment today and learn more about our whitening options!